Re: [NSW] CityRail's New Year's Eve (was, a long time ago, "Tangaras are crap"

Bill Bolton (billboltonREMOVE-TO-EMAIL@computer.org) wrote:
: craigd@lios.apana.org.au (C. Dewick) wrote:

: > Like other years, I suspect that during the times that pyro's are actually
: > being launched off the bridge it will be closed to all pedestrian, vehicle
: > and rail traffic, otherwise it's too difficult to ensure safety.

: From the TV coverage last night, there seemed to be at least one train
: crossing during the fireworks.... whether there were fireworks
: actually going off on the bridge structure at the time I don't recall.

I spotted about 5 trains during the fireworks. They were all travelling
very slowly, but I'm not sure whether this was a Y2K precaution or the
drivers wanted to watch the fireworks. :)

Cheers
David