Re: Signalling in Victoria

MarkBau1 <markbau1@aol.comQQQQyuk> wrote in message
news:19990427023043.15334.00000263@ng-cn1.aol.com...
> Geoff,
>
> Many thanks for posting it.
>
> This never ending argument about what is speed and route signalling is
going
> around in circles now.
>
> I'm glad Eddie will get to see the sentence:
>
> << (b) Medium Speed Signal.-When the train is to proceed to or from a
> Running Line diverging from 'the Straight Running Line the Signal to
> proceed is displayed by the Second Arm or Light >>
>
> All I know is that on VR I often did not know which route I was taking,
(low
> speed on a NE SG loop or most top and bottom lights around Flinders St for
> example) but on the SP/DRGW, I ALWAYS knew where I was going by virtue of
their
> route signalling.
>
> Oh well, we all have our pet definitions for things.
>
> Mark.

Mark,

As you will remember, (it was your suggestion that got them) we finally got
Feather Route Indicators to solve this route signalling problem once and for
all.
 Well I'm afraid mate we need you back here because the synics have won out
and they are fitting arrows again.

Like feeding strawberries to pigs!!!

Bob.