Re: [NSW] CityRail's New Year's Eve (was, a long time ago, "Tangaras are crap"

On Fri, 31 Dec 1999 12:35:35 +1100, John Dennis
<jdennis@acslink.net.au> wrote:

>>I don't care because we're all partying for the wrong year anyway. The new
>>century doesn't start until the end of y2k, and besides, there's a better
>>reason to delay until the end of next year because it'll also be the
>>centenary of Federation.
>
>Indeed, and I have been told that one reason federation occurred when
>it did was so it would coincide with the end of the century - Jan
>1901.

  It was the main reason, symbolic of a new direction for the 20th
Century. Probably the best day for Australia day as well!
 Ashley Wright, Canberra, Australia  ajwright@nospam.ozemail.com.au
 www:  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajwright   Do not reply to my email. Delete word 'Spam'.