Re: FV livery

Dave Proctor wrote:

> The February 2000 edition of Motive Power has a photo of T408 on page 10 in
> FV green livery, but the green seems to be a lighter shade than that applied
> to other locos, particularly when compared with G522 on page 11.
>
> Is this the case in real (rail??) life or is it just a quirk of the
> photographic/printing processes?
>
> If it is the case in rail life, any reasons for doing it?
>
> Dave

I have just compared the actual printing to the original slide, and the printing
pretty much matches the slide. Having not seen a FV painted loco in real life
yet it is hard for me to distinguish, but I feel it may be a very fraction over
exposed when printing. The original slide was taken on echtachrome. I wonder
which slide film is he best to accurately capture these locos. I have noticed a
photo in full sunlight makes the green look a lot richer then a cloudy shot.

I would appreciate any comments on what you feel is the better slide film to
capture the FV livery.

I hope this helps

Stuart Ellis