Re: Train in Goldeneye

chris 'fufas' grace wrote:

> Dave Proctor wrote:
> >
> > (X-post added)
> >
> > Chris Stratton wrote in message <887a19$ppc$1@gossamer.itmel.bhp.com.au>...
> > >I saw the James Bond film Goldeneye over the weekend and it had a "Russian"
> > >train in it. The locos looked like disguised English units to me, does
> > >anyone know what they were?
> > >I don't have access to uk.railway or whatever it is called so someone may
> > >like to re-post it for me.
> >
> > Hi Chris, if you just add uk.railway into the headers, it will get there
> > anyway, even if it is not on your server (provided it is posted to a group
> > that IS on your server).
> >
> Well, he could do that, or I could tell him that the loco was a BR
> class 20 English Electric, suitably disguised.
>
> It was on the cover of Rail at the time.
>
> But then, you X-Posted to UK Rail, so I won't bother.
>
> --
> For a dining "experience" visit the "Killer Prawn" in Whangarei!
> Be served and charged for food *without even ordering it*!
> Let the staff treat you with undisguised condescension and contempt!
> Experience the total incompetence of the management! Book today!

I think it was something like 20188 (please correct if wrong) which, at the time,
was owned by Pete Waterman (member of Stock, Aitken & Waterman, writer/producers
for Kylie Minogue, Jason Donovan and the like for the minority who don't already
know that). IIRC the coach used was a continental coach from the Nene Valley
Railway in Peterborough, done up to look Russian. The station was Orton Mere,
again on the Nene Valley done up a bit.

As for present locations of the above, Orton Mere Station hasn't moved (I hope!),
20188, now renumbered back to D8188, is at the Yeovil Steam Centre, and I'm sure I
saw a continental coach, painted black with big stick on 3D red stars at Crewe
Heritage Centre a couple of weeks back. Christ only knows why it's there!!!

John