Re: Freight Victoria Update!

> Anyway the Company is in the Black! No additional funds were needed
from US
> of A and income is greater than Expenditure already.

I was not surprised,ATN achieved profit within 6 month, so did Tranz
Rail  of New Zealand, Some people even bet ATN(Tas rail) will bankrupt
within a year but it just keep on getting bigger and stronger. Same
with FV, when Fv started up last year, people doubt it would ever earn
back its 160m$ purchase price.

> The New Office is small and Freight Victoria no longer need contribute
> millions towards the running of Transport House.
Who sits in transport house anyway?

> The charges were very low, and knocked the Truckies for six, but the
>train
> to Wodonga was clearly under utilised and it started its journey at
Geelong
> and went right past the Super Sidings. V/Line would not carry it, we
did and
> made more than 2 million dollars profit, for virtually no extra
>outlay.
Recognition of market exist and try to get the contract with a
competitive pricing and timing. Same thing with Tranz Rail of New
Zealand, it even delivers supermarket grocery!

>               The loss of two G Class Locos at Ararat was a body
blow, as we
> are seriously
> under powered, and our contracts in New South Wales will need extra G
Class
> working.
> So what to do?
NSW has got spare 80 class, 422 class and stored 442 class ready to
hire. GNR's GM class
NR's BL class and C class, some DL class are all ready for hire.

>Well a lot of stored unserviceable Locos were accepted as
> part of the
> take over. You cannot run imported second hand US Locos on
>Australia's East
> Coast, but you could use second hand components to revitalise our own
> Locomotives.
> These are examples and I am not saying what is being done, only what
could
> be done.
> And I am unsure how many Locomotives were in storage, I think that
actual
> facts might
> be too Commercial to talk about, but we can imagine......Long Term...
> 4 wheel Flex Coil Bogies ex GP type Locomotives could be fitted to T
and Y
> class Engines.
> The Y would need considerable modification because of the old GE bogie
> turntables.
> The Y could receive GP Fuel Tanks, and 8 cyl Engines Ex T Class.
>  considerable body mods]
> The T could receive New Alternators and 12 cyl Engines Ex USA
> Some G Class could receive New or 2nd Hand 3600HP Power Packs
> The New X , and Even 2nd Series X, could receive the G Class Power
Packs and
> other bits and pieces as required.
> Short Term........
> Return the H Class to the BG and send them to Geelong to release the
G (s)
> from the Grain Loop. Transfer these G Class to the SG for New South
Working.
> Guess the H will be doing what they were designed for......humping
[almost]
> Return all T Class to Service, One will go to Junee for wheat working
> Kolomin [spelling?]
> One will go to Wodonga for Pilot Working, but will be replaced with a
> Class, being refurbished.
> You are likely to see lots of different workings, and Quad T and P
workings
> should be the norm soon.This will further release G Class Locomotives
for
> NSW. Apparently New Contracts in NSW will spread our Power even
further
> North than Junee.
>  I have even heard that Quad Y is a possibility, they would work well
at
> Echuca running trains to Denni. and Walcool.
You missed out S class! there are still a few S class in store and in
fair condition.

> And of Course who is going to operate these trains...we are now
officially
> recruiting Drivers and Second Persons..[so why are you still
here...Go for
> it}

Good on you FV, keep on the good work! konck out some trucks for us!

--
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/