Re: [Vic] Yarra Trams - "super" stops, park and ride

> Interesting idea about the stops - I wonder where they'll try and
wedge them
> in? It could work for places like the Elizabeth Street terminus, or
Domain
> interchange, but neither of these are on the Yarra network!
Actually a simple shelter prevent passengers get wet during rainy days
and timetable/connection will do for me. (similar to corner of
Burke/Swanston Street)

> Apart from on the St Kilda/Port Melbourne lines, do they really
expect park
> and ride to attract many people?
I usually park my car near Melbourne University/Lygon Street and take
trams to center of the city, it's a lot cheaper then park in those
parking tower within the city and much faster then taking trains. Lots
of my friends do the same, this will attract people for sure.

>Most of the eastern suburbs routes travel
> along busy streets with lots of stops, and aren't exactly speedy at
>peak
> hour, especially compared to trains, which would seem to have the
advantage
> when it comes to concepts like park and ride,
But this will attract closer suburbans like Kew, Burwood, or Clifton
Hill/Fairfield area residents.

By the way, the paper also said Yarra tram will unveil new color scheme
soon!
hmmmm, it seems to me the days of green and yellow are numbered.

--
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/