[QLD]Citytrain obervation

 Having spent a few days at Brizzy here are my obervation:

On the way to Brisbane city I noted a QR's billboard on airport
highway, on the left are 3 very very small windows with the
slogan "Queesnland by plane" and on the right , 3 REALLY BIG windows
with slogan "Queensland by Rail" ! Back in Melbourne Hillside trains
and V/line did pretty well on advertise themself but nothing like this!
Looks like QR is not afraid of take on its ultimate competitor!!

EMU:
Still going strong after 20 years of servicing the tropical city, both
the interior and exterior still clean and vandaless. The units dominate
majority of the suburban services. I was lucky to spot EMU set 01, as
far as I know other then the front, not much changed.

SMU:
Supply EMU for the suburban service, its distinct noise is a feature
when they pull in to the station, usually they are in multiple with
itself or SUM2, has anyone seem them in multiple with emu?

IMU:
These are my favour units in citytrain fleet, I love their "marine
theme" seats! I wondered the 4-3car new IMUs on order by airport link
will have such seats?
Funnyhow they were used on some suburban service, I noted train 1171
(Ipswich-Caboolture) were used by these units.

SMU2:
Most of the units already in service, They look identical to original
SMU except all their doors painted yellow with slight differ color
scheme apply in the front. Inside, some special "flip up seats"
installed near the doorway which is another special feature. They were
used on some Nambour service and replaced EMU sets on Gold Coast,
however, their maximum speed is still slower then IMUs. They are the
quietest out of all citytrain fleet.

ICE:
Saw 1-4 car sets at Yeerongpilly showed "Special" on its destination
board, I assume it is the Corinda shuttle, it still have car number on
it! Car A, B, E, F was in charge that day, They also work the Gympie
North Service everyday. How long would it take for QR to put tilt train
on Corinda shuttle?

Last Saturday I spot a 6 car set at Gympie and my tilt train met the
Spirit of Capricorn empty working near Maryborough west.(Surely they
can carry passengers? 9 hours is still very competitive with coaches)

--
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/