Re: Affect of GST on Rail.

Vaughan Williams wrote:

> snipped interesting account of how the Australian GST will work.

Everything I hear about the hotchpotch GST system Australia is
introducing convinces me of the stupidity of it.

The beauty of the NZ GST system is that GST applies at the same rate to
ALL goods and services, without exemptions, and it was accompanied by
offsetting income tax cuts and the abolition of wholesale sales tax, so
that it was revenue neutral for the government and maintained spending
power relativity for consumers.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand