Re: needle stick injuries on suburban trains [Vic]

"Andrew Box" <boxy@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
Kzym4.1045$k6.1851@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:Kzym4.1045$k6.1851@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> I just heard a couple of days ago about someone getting a needle stick
> injury on a Bayside train to Dandenong, however this is not the first time
> it has been in the media.  Channel 10 also had a special report on this
> several mths back and it seems that the train compaines have done nothing
> solve this problem.  They say that it is the age and design of the trains
> that are the problem, but are they not meant to be refubishing the Comeng
> and buying new trains?
>
> The first refubished Comeng trains aree meant to be on Hillisde by
> September, but thats still 7mths away, and the new trains in 2002.   Its
> just to long to wait. I noticed that nothing was done to fix the problem
> when the hitachi trains where refubished not that long ago.

How would refurbishment help, exactly? The article in The Age implied they
were syringes deliberately left between the cushions.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen at custard dot net dot au