Re: what was the stuff up on city rail today . (OT)

I've been there, but thanks anyway. On that same note, I recommend BAHN as
an excellent simulation program, for creating tramway and railway layouts.
It is extremely flexible, allowing signalling, shunting, timetabling etc.
Goto http://www.jbss.de/ , then click on the word "English" in the upper
left for an English version of the homepage. Its shareware, but not
'expireware' or 'crippleware'.

(PS: a paradigm shift, you ask? Well, the author of Mechanik got
conscripted into the army, so development of that program has been
suspended. I am using Bahn until i can get the new version of Mechanik he
is working on.)

<<snip>>