Re: Silly Pendennis Castle ideas

The Railway Rasputin II. wrote in message
<389A521A.24C24F25@fastlink.com.au>...

Dear anonymous,

1    >Bill you don't work for the Telegraph do you?
Actually, I don't work at the moment, which is why I have time to engage in
these futile aus.rail debates!  I used to spend a lot of time at 15A Belmore
St. Burwood 2134 but I didn't achieve much!

2    >> Dorrigo -- it would make up for the fact that the greedy RTM has
three 36's
>What a load of shit!
Yup!  But a very old one.  This was the argument from fortress Dorrigo
explaining why 3813 should be in Dorrigo!

3    >Any way if they want a 36'er they can go to the RTM and make
arrangements to lease or hire one.
ARHS(ACT) tried this in the 1980's but all that left Thirlmere was a tender
for 1210!

My original posting was a shot at the armchair experts who fill aus.rail
with opinions that only make sense in the context of an assumption that
God/Government/Railway Museums exist to run trains for train spotters.

I'm only surprised that, so far, we haven't had a posting to the effect that
when WCR paint their oil-fired 'Castle' blue, it should be hauling SteamRail
'W' cars and not ex-SAR steel cars!

Rgds

Bill :-) :-))