Re: R&R- "American Influence Down Under"

james_ccj@my-deja.com wrote:
> > Is it true that there are 3.5 million people but 66 million sheep??
> yes, but I'm not sure the actual population of the sheep, 3 years ago
> during El-nino weather, there were quite a few sheep died from lack of
> water, and I think that year was the 1st time for many years we had more
> people then sheeps, I'm not sure if the sheep population catched up
> since then.

James I don't know what you've been doing to your brain lately but
while the sheep population has declined greatly since the subsidies
on farming were removed (and not because sheep died in El Nino)
the human population of NZ has been less than the sheep population
since the 1860's.  I think the figures are now 3.7 million people
and about 35 million sheep

--
Mike Butler                  Wellington NZ
Tip CD Lab/Terrier           New Zealand Dog Agility on the Web