Re: A81 First photo

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000 11:06:39 +1000, Yuri <steam4me@enternet.com.au>
wrote:

>On Fri, 28 Jan 2000 20:24:44 +1100, The Narc <gonoNOCRAP@bigpond.com>
>wrote, and I selectively quote:
>
>>You Can't have em Yuri they are ours :-)))
>
>Ok at this point we need to get James to start lobbying to return at
>least three C classes to Victoria, one to rust away in a museum in
>original VR livery and the other two to be painted into FV livery and
>work western mainlines.
>
>These are Victorian locos and South Australia doesn't have the right
>to hang onto these locos if they're not going to use them; they're
>totally out of place in SA (except for the Adelaide Hills perhaps) and
>in 20-30 years the children of SA are just going to look on these as
>an historical curiosity as they don't have the Heritage links that we
>have with these locos here in Victoria.
>
>We need to approach NR to donate the locos back to Victoria where they
>can run on Victorian rails as they were meant to.  There is
>nothing mythical about the locos' past, they are Victorian locos and
>nothing anyone can say will change that fact.
>
> </set troll mode off>
>
> <vbg!>
>
>Regards
>
>Yuri
To be fair Yuri as far as i know NR have plans to return the other
seven C Classes to service as bankers.
The other interesting thing is that C503 is at junee roundhouse
sitting on the turntable stuffed and mounted and recently painted in
blue and gold (static display Broken crankshaft i believe)
Was this a payback for the storage costs of the other nine when they
were moved here when ASR had their eye on them????
regards
Regards Paul Johnston (MNRC)