Re: Sydney-Alice Springs Ghan held at Orange

That night an single 81 class travelling light from the west would have
arrived at OEF at around 2300, resulting in a 4 hour delay at Orange for the
Ghan that Sunday. I heard from someone today that Trains that can't log onto
train control at Orange, for train order working would not be allowed to
procede. This apparently was a union decision, and is pretty anoying when
you consider the problems with train order working are not limited just to
trains but to the whole system. If trains are going to continue to
experience problems loging onto Orange for train order working, they might
as well go via the south. National Rail has 5 freights and pulls 6 passenger
trains a week on the main west, it would be dissapointing if they all went
via the south.