Re: Not enough drivers and guards?

Marvin The Martian <choochoo72@spin.net.au> wrote in message
3A4EBA97.D9E7AC33@spin.net.au">news:3A4EBA97.D9E7AC33@spin.net.au...
> Typical cityrail, it isn't as though NYE has snuck up on them, if they
were
> smart they would have been planning this a long time ago. I am rostered
off and
> not available due to changing from pm's to am's. If they tried to force me
> work I would not be coming in either, they do us no favours so why should
we do
> them any?
>
> David Johnson wrote:
>
> > State Rail seem worried that there will not be enough drivers and guards
> > run New Years Eve services.
> >
> > Drivers who have "Signed for their days", meaning they have requested
their
> > rostered days off are kept off, have been rostered to work anyway,
without
> > notification.  Many of these people will not be coming in - They will go
> > sick if that is what it takes.
> >
> > Train crew who are rostered to work very late on New Years Eve have been
> > shafted.  The double time and a half payment only goes up until
midnight,
> > then reverting to normal time and a half.
> >
> > Train crew who are rostered to work very early New Years Eve get double
time
> > and a half for the entire shift, but do not have to put up with any of
the
> > crowds.

but what goes around comes around. Just be thankful for your time and a
half.
better than nothing isn't it??

> > I have been on very early morning shift for the last week, finishing at
> > 13:00 today.  My next turn of duty is 21:00 New Years Eve.  My body
clock is
> > still in morning shift mode, but I have been rostered to go from the
> > earliest sign on one day, to the latest sign on the next day without any
> > break in between.

I thought CityRail were gonna have a huge excess of staff after the olympics
and that train crew were not gonna even get their time in untill a few quit
or whatever.
what about the part time guards they employed ( or was it part time station
assistants only) can't they give them some overtime????
~
and thats my two cents
~
Al Barrett
ajbarrett@hunterlink.net.au
www.geocites.com/alsrailmotorpages

Any coments/opinions voiced are my own and do not represent the views of
anyone I may or may not work for.