Re: Demise of upper quad. signals, Melb.

    Fellow Travellers'
  What a collection of LEDs on No.4 signal  (Up Starter) at Kensington.
Firstly, six main lights in two groups of three, then one low-speed light
and one 'A' (Automatic) light. Then, lower down on the mast, about at
driver's eye level, a group of co-acting lights, again six (smaller) main
lights, a low-speed light and an 'A' light. Altogether sixteen lights, more
than the average Christmas Tree!
    The new Down Starter at Newmarket is similar.
    The u.q. semaphores which these LEDs replaced were installed in 1918,
and were the first four-aspect  auto. signals in Victoria.

Regards,

Bill.

3a46e493$0$17079$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a46e493$0$17079$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...