"Michael Wierzbinski" <wizzer1865@NOSPAMoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message
3a459e08$0$8122$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a459e08$0$8122$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> "Daniel Bowen" <dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au> wrote in message
> Pn016.30186$xW4.236139@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:Pn016.30186$xW4.236139@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> > "Michael" <usenet.spam@gunzel.net> wrote in message
> > > dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au (Daniel Bowen) wrote in

> > This was Friday night. The cool change came on Thursday afternoon. There
> > were plenty of other Comengs around.
> >
> > I presume it must have been an accident by Bayside, but I'm surprised
they
> > weren't more careful.
>
> Not necessarily, sometimes if a outstation off train is cancelled and is
> needed later on, a six car train will be put on so that station will have
> full complement of trains when needed i.e. morning peak, special services,
> whatever, it's not uncommon.

I take your point, but this was Friday night - no 6 car trains until
Tuesday. Plenty of time to shuffle trains about. And heck, if they're so
paranoid about vandalism that they're giving us 3 car trains in the weekend
before Christmas, you'd think they'd be in a rush to get a 6 car train out
of night time service.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia