Puffing Billy Members Night

Greetings, Salutations and Merery Christmas to all,

I have just uploaded a new entry to the Australian Narrow Gauge Web
Exhibition site.  This one is not a model though, rather some photos
taken, snap shot fashion, on my digital camera during the Member BBQ
and Night Photo Session at Belgrave last Tuesday.

Apologies for the quality of some of them - hand-held late at night
doesn't work too well some times, and waiting for my slides to return,
and then finding a slide-scanner would have meant not seeing these for
a month or more.

The highlight of the night for me was spend an hour or so in the cab
of what we believe to be the only operating Climax in the Southern
Hemisphere.  Sadly, the boiler ticket on this lovely little loco
expires in a month or so, and this might be the last time the loco is
steamed for years...

I felt privileged to toss the last piece of wood into the firebox, and
to be in the cab as the loco shuffled around the yard, pushing garratt
G42 back into the workshops, and finally returning to its own, small
wooden shed.

As I said, I apologize for the quality, and also for maybe "polluting"
my model site with prototype photos.  I promise I won't do it again!!

The Aussie NG WebEx URL:
http://members.optushome.com.au/jdennis/ng_webex.html

Cheers...JD
--