Re: Braking

"jjjim" <jjjim@bigpond.com> wrote in message
3A444AD0.C0BDF203@bigpond.com">news:3A444AD0.C0BDF203@bigpond.com...
| Ok  hmmm,  Someone should know this..   How much engine braking is used
| in day to day stopping  / slowing on an elctric train,  thats stopping
| every 2 mins,  Its obvious the motors are used to stop, but are any
| Conventional brakes used until nearly stopped,   Or is it pretty much
| all engine braking?    Im refering to Brissy here ,  But Sydney I noticd
| the ol brake linings smoking up nicely leaving a great smell *cough* in
| the carriage,  Dont get that in brissy,   Is there some differences in
| brake usage or something?
|
| Jim

It depends on what type of train you are driving, where you are, how fast
you are going, how you drive the train, the signal spacing, the weather
conditions, the conditions of the brakes, how loaded your train is, how many
carriages are on the train and lots of other things.

Eric

Email: erkV69@erk.au.com (remove the V69)

"We earn $3 per hour. Where do you
want me to live? The Hilton?" - Pauly, Pizza.(SBS-TV)