Re: Solartrain

    Fellow Travellers.
  For many years the German railways ran a small fleet of battery powered
rail cars, the last of which was only taken out of service a couple of years
ago. These were bogie cars with trailers, so they would present a fair area
to the sun. Perhaps someone here should have bought a set  and fitted solar
cells on the roofs to charge up the batteries, on the Trans line such a set
would have probably run forever.
                                                            Regards,

Bill.