Re: Solartrain

Peter Berrett <pberrett@optushome.com.au> wrote in article
<Brm06.18616$Xx3.80224@news1.eburwd1.vic.optushome.com.au>:

>The authors dropped me a line in response to a discussion I initiated
>earlier in the year about a solartrain.
>
>Would work well in OZ methinks.
>
>http://www.solartrain.de

I can see it now...

9:17am, December 22, 2005...

Driver:    	"412M calling Metrol".
Metrol:    	"Metrol recieving"
Driver:    	"We seem to be having a problem with this new fangled solar
    	    	train!"
Metrol:    	"What's the problem?"
Driver:    	"We just stopped for no reason"
Metrol:    	"What is your location?"
Driver:    	"We've just entered the City Loop".
Metrol:    	"Is your train getting any sunlight?"
Driver:    	"We're in the City Loop, where the hell do I pull sunlight
    	    	from?"
Metrol:    	"Oh dear. We have a problem. Get a passenger or two on the roof
    	    	with your torch, point it into the solar panel, and you should
    	    	be able to slowly make it through to Flinders Street".
Driver:    	"Thanks Metrol, youre a life saver!"
Metrol:    	"Metrol out"

9:15pm, December 22, 2005...

Driver:    	"412M calling Metrol, you recieving?".
Metrol:    	"Yeah, Metrol"
Driver:    	"Got another fault with this solar powered train again"
Metrol:    	"You do realise it's dark outside don't you?"
Driver:    	"Oh. Shall I get the passengers to push?"
Metrol:    	"Nah, a torch into the solar cell will do"
Driver:    	"Thanks"
Metrol:    	"Metrol out".

M (:

--
(To email me just remove ".spam" off my email address).

Whip me, Beat me, just don't Windows ME