(syd) Western line freights

Hi all,

Please excuse my ignorance; I've not had much time to watch the railways for
the last few years, but I understood that only 1 or 2 general freights ran
over the western line from Granville, with all non-Dubbo and Blayney stuff
going via Cootamundra - but I've just started housesitting opposite
Toongabbie station and there are heaps of freights going through (and I'm
not counting coal trains)... is this normal or are there special
circumstances at present?

Thanks in advance!

G.