[Vic] Goings on at Glenhuntly

Interesting events at Glenhuntly station the last two nights. I'm a local,
but I'm not quite sure yet what's going on.

On Friday night around 10pm about 20 err... male youths were hanging around
in Glen Huntly Road. Two mounted police were outside the railway station.

On Saturday evening around 8pm a car was observed parked on the north side
of the level crossing, in the gap between the tracks of platform 1 and
platform 2. It appeared to be a plain clothes cop car, as I noticed another
(smaller) bunch of youths hanging around it talking to an older man in plain
clothes with a what appeared to be handcuffs attached to his belt...

I'm a local, but I don't know what's going on yet. I know in the local paper
a few weeks ago they said that the authorities would be looking at
congregations of youths in Glenhuntly Station after dark, and I saw 7
Bayside security guys using it as a base last week. The station is regularly
subject to litter, graffiti and vandalised ticket machines.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au