Re: Aftermath of Speedrail decision.

> Surprisingly / maybe not surprisingly there were more letters
> congratulating Howard for canning what was widely seen as a
> "Pie in the Sky Project" which would benefit only a small portion of
> the population.

I think it's necessary to educate the public the total population does
not effect the Speedrail feasibility. If you look at the total number
of passengers travelling between the busy Brisbane-Sydney-Melbourne
corridor(air+land transport) Speedrail can be feasible.

Also is spending 375m$ on a useless, misleading GST ads more worthy
then Speedrail???

> The editorials were the same , back again totally pushing Mag lev over
> what they call outdated rail technology,(steel wheels on rails).

As usual...out of date editorial team...what paper was it Maurie?

> The real problem though is that largely,joe average voter is simply
> not interested in hi speed rail, and this means that the feds arnt
> interested in it either, no matter what studies get undertaken.
> Until petrol for cars is around $2 a litre or more , rail is simply
> not relevant to most people in this country.

Or unless we get prime minister/Federal transport minister very
interesting in railway developments, advocate towards railway
developments.(I'm must be dreaming....)

--
Cheers

Railway Rasputin