Re: Judge doubts rail reforms

"Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
3a386b47$0$19441$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a386b47$0$19441$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> I think he's done a great job, but will probably pay for it down the
track. I
> still can't believe they appointed someone like him in the first place.

Well, he is only an acting judge - he retired a few years back, and was
asked to come back to hear a few cases (hence the "acting" status - a
"judge" cannot be removed, and "acting judge" is there for a limited
period). He was undoubtedly the best person for the investigation, I (and
several others who I discussed it with) were in complete agreement as soon
as his name was announced.

As for paying for it down the track, he would not be worried. He has not
been afraid to attack governments of either political colour in the past,
and with his career almost at an end (remember, he has retired once already)
he would not be afraid to call things as he sees them.

Dave