Re: (NSW) South Mail Question

On Thu, 07 Dec 2000 07:06:18 GMT, "Glenn J-B" <grjb@ihug.com.au> wrote:

>Last down South Mail was on 1/6/84 42107 hauling 7cars, last up Mail arrived
>in Sydney on 3/6/84 hauled by 44214 and 6 cars.
>
>Glenn
>

>Mark Bau <mbauco@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>TfEX5.52443$nh5.4036479@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net">news:TfEX5.52443$nh5.4036479@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net...
>> Can anyone tell me when the South Mail finished?
>>
>> Thanks for any help
>>
>> Mark

I assume you mean traditional loco and carriages type of train. I understand the XPT operated a
**form** of the 'South Mail' for a while after the loco/carriages set finished as described by Glenn
above.

Cheers
Peter
Peter & Susan Cokley
petan @ powerup.com.au
http://www.welcome.to/petan
For personal replies to this message, remove NOSPAM from our address to avoid bounced mail.