Re: Australian railway songs

"Billy Sheen" was recorded by the Moreton Bay Bushwackers in 1959 on a 10
inch LP. I've got a copy of it somewhere in my collection. The tune is the
tune of the well known Casey Jones song - but this is a graet QR yarn - "he
drove a C16 faster than the Spirit of P" etc etc.

Top yarn and song, we used to sing it on ARHS tours many years ago
especially late at night on overnight tours (some of us did, anyway!!)

--
Rob Bushby
South Coast Extended (HO - NSWGR)

--

"John Garaty" <jkgaraty@1earth.net> wrote in message
976010253.490307@ns2.1earth.net">news:976010253.490307@ns2.1earth.net...
> Greetings all, Also another Queensland song was about Billy Sheen and the
> C16. It was on a 10" record of folk songs released for the Queensland
State