Re: Reducing fare evasion

OgO (quentisl@leaves.qjc.cjb.net) wrote:
> The idea I had, which I like most is frequent traveller points, which
> would work in much the same way as frequent flyer points.  If there was
> some sort of decent incentive to collect points, that might encourage
> people to buy tickets.

The Met effectively had something like this. In times past, holders of
periodical tickets could travel in all zones (regardless of the zones on
the ticket) on weekends. Adult periodical tickets also allowed another
adult and up to 6 children to accompany the ticket holder.

> I also had the idea of rather than buying a paper (cardboard, whatever -
> throwaway) ticket every time you travel, you have a plastic card which can
> be recharged with more credits.

Smart cards will become more common, but paper tickets will still be
required for infrequent travelelrs and visitors.

Cheers
David