Re: [Vic] Riversdale Station Question

> Seen at Riversdale Station this evening (when disembarking from my regular
> homebound train the one and only which terminates at that station) was a new
> pole mounted doover.  Anyone know what it is - or will be when fully installed?
>
> Its a large pole about half way along the down platform.  It goes above train
> height and has a semi-circular corrugated iron canopy over the top.  It is
> obviously not yet complete, but looks like it could be some sort of destination
> indicator or something.  If so it would seem to be a bit redundant because every
> single train on that platform goes to Alamain stopping all stations - except the
> one daily train which terminates there.
>
> Any clues?

Yes it is a PID (passenger information display), they are going in at 20
Connex Stations:
Watsonia, Rosanna, Alphington, Fairfield, Lalor, Regent, Jolimont,
Syndal, Darling, Glen Iris, Gardiner, Burnley, East Richmond, Burwood,
Riversdale, Hawthorn, Ferntree Gully, Heathmont and Heatherdale.

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news