Re: Overhead

> This may put me in the dumb question brigade, but.......
>
> I've been running out Penrith way for years, but musta had the blinkers on.
> Today I noticed, on both the up and down between Penrith and St Marys, an
> extra wire running alongside the overhead. It would have a wire joining to the
> overhead at infrequent intervals, anywhere from about 30 metres to over 100
> metres. Does anyone know what it is/what it's for? I can email a couple of
> photos if it will help.

We have that in Melbourne too, I think it is to supply extra current to
the overhead (instead of having a bigger wire).

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news