Re: NSW T'graph & Westbus

Westbus run the bus service in my area too and they're shocking. Buses
don't ever show up on time, if they show up at all. When i tell the bus
driver "the XX.XX service didn't show up", the usual reply is "we'll i
can't do anything about that". Surely they could notify the depot
couldn't they?

They also run a neat little trick at my local station in the evening
peak times. A mini bus will be waiting at the station. As soon as the
train arrives, they shoot off. By the time you've walked up the stairs
off the platform, and then down the ramp onto the street, the bus is
well around the corner. It must save the driver a lot of time issuing
out tickets, But a manager somewhere would notice the lost $.

I say its about time the government gives up the current policy and open
up areas for competing bus services. The monopoly that currently exists
has left westbus feeling that they don't actually need any customers to
stay in business (my opinion).

Cheers
Santosh
(who prefers to walk the 2kms from the station to home anyday)

--
NOTE: This email address will no longer be available after December 2000