Re: Plenty of cash but not much drive

"James C." <james_ccj@my-deja.com> wrote in message
907vtn$tbl$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:907vtn$tbl$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
| In article <fiBV5.14$_42.1982@news0.optus.net.au>,
|   dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) wrote:
| > A Bureau of Statistics snapshot of Australia's car and public
| transport
| > use shows that people in NSW are the keenest users of public
| transport,
| > with 18 per cent travelling to work or study by bus or train. Of
| these,
| > twice as many choose trains over buses.
| >
| > http://www.smh.com.au/news/0012/01/national/national15.html
|
| Make sense....
|

| NSW--> while I was in Wollongong 2 months ago I noticed the trains to
| Sydney on weekdays got really full as early as 630am!! fill up 8
| carriages, double deck V set by the time trains left North Wollongong.
| Obviously people prefer trains there.

0630 is not that early for full trains when a 0630 departure ex Wollongong
means getting into Sydney around 0800. Not everyone starts work at 0900 you
know at Central station!

I'm sure that the Wollongong/South Coast people will tell you how long it
takes to drive to Sydney in peak hour via the F6, especially on one of those
foggy days. AFAIK, there are no bus services Wollongong - Sydney and ISTR
people down there saying that bus services serving the local area is pretty
bad.

Eric

Email: erkV69@erk.au.com (remove the V69)

"We earn $3 per hour. Where do you
want me to live? The Hilton?" - Pauly, Pizza.(SBS-TV)