Re: [VIC] Incident at FSS

"Chris Gordon" <cmgord@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
news:39A90CEE.4EBE03BD@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au...
> > > According to channel 7 news, a lot of passengers waiting at the
> > > platform helped out during the incident, some went to report to
transit
> > > police and station staffs, some went to the front of the platform and
> > > waved at the driver.
>
> We did not go to the end of the platform, we were already there.
>
> > I'm glad to see that the driver stopped the train and didn't simply wave
> > back to the people. I heard about this story on the 2UE radio news in
> > Sydney at 1500 and 1600, must have been a slow news day in Sydney.
>
> It also helped by the fact that a couple of us know the correct hand
> signals to alert a driver to danger.

Well done Chris - the actions of you and others present no doubt saved
lives.

What is the signal, by the way? I seem to remember platform staff used to
hold two hands in the air - is that still it?

> That curve into platform 4 from the Northern Viaduct is a blind curve
> for sighting the platform.  (The train was ex Flemington Racecourse
> empty cars to form an Alamein train)

The article in the Sunday Age, and the photo showing the destination screen
said it was a Box Hill train.

Daniel

--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia