Re: [NSW] Precise time clocks

eikkert@my-deja.com wrote:

> > The new clocks are all linked and are exactly the right time. It is
> > about time too as different stations have always shown different
> > times.
>
> forget different stations at Hurstville you sometimes see the front
> indicator (not a plasma indicator) showing the train due at a different
> time to the rear.

And sometimes they also show different stopping patterns!

> What is the point of putting seconds on the clocks, it's not like the
> trains are going to run that precisely.

Mine used to when I was a guard.  9 seconds prior to departure I would make the
necessary PA announcement, then press the close button 3 seconds prior to
departure time.  At departure time, I would give the driver the bell to go.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au