Re: My Countrylink ticket

"Skippy" <fowler9@skippy9spammeifyoudare.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
8o6a6b$7i3$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk">news:8o6a6b$7i3$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
> How long is it on XPT/XPLORER ti Campbelltown via Strathfield & Regents
Park
> (as now), via Granville & via East Hills. Is it such a saving that it
should
> be considered a permenant move by the people in charge?

CityRail Endeavours take 41 minutes from Central to Campbelltown, with a
stop at Glenfield. Considering that the Glenfield areea is a reasonably high
speed area, you could probably allow two minutes for the stop, so 39 minutes
non-stop would be a good time.

Canberra Xplorers take 43 mins now via Strathfield, so the time saved would
not be that great, except from a mraketing viewpoint (when TOW comes in from
Joppa Jct to Canberra, the time savings on this leg may not be enough to
push it below the four hour mark, the six minutes saved in the Sydney to
Campbelltown sector might just be enough to do it).

As for Granville, you could probably add an extra 5 or 6 minutes to the
journey, but on ST1/2 (the only services I would consider doing it to) that
would not be signifigant.

Dave