Re: [NSW] Richmond 1830 on Tue 22/08

I was on the 1721 ex Sydney Central arriving Richmond 1830. While at Blacktown
the guard alerted us to a train breakdown somewhere between Blacktown & Richmond
and said, "All stations to Mulgrave, where this train will terminate. Change for
a Bus service to Windsor and all stations to Richmond (whinging heard all
round).

Approaching Mulgrave, guard said, "I'll just check train running information".
Arrived at Mulgrave on Platform 1 (with everyone standing by the doors expecting
to have to jump on a bus) and the Guard said, "This train stops all to Richmond"
(More whinging!). There was a Tangarbage on Plat 2 going to the City from
Richmond (typically Plat 1 to City, Plat 2 to Richmond), possibly the 1809 ex
Richmond.

At Clarendon, crossed a six(?) car S set, City bound. I assume this train was
the one with the problem as a service at that time normally does not exist. We
arrived at Richmond about 12 mins late (but don't go by the Richmond clock, it's
2-3 mins fast!)

Stephen Males
[sjmales@ozdocs.net.au]

Um8p5.524$cr3.18220@ozemail.com.au">news:Um8p5.524$cr3.18220@ozemail.com.au...