Re: [NSW] Now, what excuse will we use today ......?

carrington wrote:

> Sunday 11.15am - sitting in a train from Wollongong on the Illawarra
> line "underpass" just before Redfern station .... waiting .... waiting
> .... waiting ....
>
> "Ladies and gentlemen, this train will be delayed for approximately a
> further 5 minutes, due to the unavailablility of a platform at Central
> station" .... much guffawing and snickering amongst passengers.
>
> I mean, really, who thinks up these reasons for delays?? This one was
> a classic!!

The NRL timetable was in full swing with trains through Redfern going in to
Sydney Terminal every few minutes.  The same with trains coming out.  Sydney
Yard was chockers, and it is quite feasible that there wasn't a path for your
train to get in.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au