Re: Rail delay complaints spark maintenance boost

When i caught the ghan last year from alice springs to syd, we left 4.5 hrs
late from alice, and we caught up 4 hrs by broken hill, 2 to adelade and 2
to broken hill. (I never know NR's could go 120....). and the ride was dead
smooth from adelade to broken hill. Once in NSW, we slowed to at least 80,
and still I was finding it hard to sleep, the track was so bad. we caught up
15 minutes from broken hill to lithgow. If this isn't an indication of bad
track, i don't know what is....

How much will it cost to replace the line from say, bathurst to broken hill
with concreate sleepers, 2nd hand rail (to save money...) and ctc
signalling??

--
Paul Jones

"David Bromage" <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote in message
lwlo5.154$GM2.3923@news0.optus.net.au">news:lwlo5.154$GM2.3923@news0.optus.net.au...
> The NSW Government says complaints from country train travellers have
> prompted a $40 million funding boost for maintenance on regional rail
> services.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/regionals/northcoast/monthly/reglis-22aug2000-2.h
tm