Re: Drivers and guards to be sacked.

> I'm a little isolated from this, living in a backwater called
Adelaide....
> ....although we still do have trains [just, but the government is
working on
> it....]
>
> They may be part of the same problem - staff morale..
> The system gets run down, you are overworked, treated like **it and
blamed
> for everything that goes wrong. A pay rise of 0.955% - what message
does
> this give the staff ??.
>
> Is this an environment in which staff are going to have pride in
their work,
> work hard and be diligent in their duties ?? I think not. It's an
> environment is which people give up and no longer give a dam, and in
this
> type of industry it's dangerous.
>
> Like most things, the problem may not be quite as simple as it seems -
 and
> neither will be the solution.

> Andrew Robinson. Adelaide, Australia.
> [Remove NOSPAM from e-mail address when replying]

If I was in the front end of a thousand or so tons of moving train and
my morale was low because of what you said, I certainly wouldn't be
less diligent in my job because I'd be the first person to suffer the
consequences, if you know what I mean. There'd be nothing like
approaching the rear end of another train to make me think twice.
As for overwork, try meeting a contractual deadline for a signalling
project with the threat of liquidated damages hanging over you head.

regards Ian
Signal Design Engineer

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.