Re: New Countrylink Website

"Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
nH0n5.257761$t91.2617494@news4.giganews.com">news:nH0n5.257761$t91.2617494@news4.giganews.com...
> http://www.dotrs.gov.au/countrylink/index.htm

It's daft that we have two government organisations - one Federal and one
State, both now under departments of Transport, called the same thing, but
with entirely different functions.  The other (Federal)  Countrylink has
been round for some time, it could even pre-date the railway Countrylink.

Maybe we should get Richard Branson on the job, if he took over Countrylink
he'd sue the pants off the Federal Government to get them to change their
name.

Anyway, Countrylink is now rather an inappropriate name for a railway
service, particularly one which gets (or did get before airline competition)
probably most of its business from linking the cities of Brisbane, Sydney,
Canberra and Melbourne.  Though at the time the name was thought up it was
more a bus service than a train operator

Regards

David Bennetts
Canberra