Re: [General] Signal failures

> I agree. The only reason an auto signal has not cleared is a) track
> circuit de-energised, or b) trainstop failed to return to normal. Now
> with a) the reason a track circuit has de-energised is because there is
> a train on it or it's open circuited ie broken rail, blown fuse etc.
> You're asking the driver to determine which it is. If I was a driver,
> I'd be thinking that there is a train just around this corner.

Ian, you shouldn't mentiion that fact. There is at least one Freightcorp
driver here who would never let a "signal fault" get in the way of
travelling at normal speed, even if there is an obstruction. He could end up
getting home late.

I'd prefer to trip each signal, move slowly and get home alive. Blown fuse
or whatever.
Are drivers instructed on operation of track circuits as part of their
training??

> regards Ian
> Signal Design Engineer
>

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/