Re: [NSW] State Rail vs State Transit

"Jonathan Lau" <jonlau@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
399B93CF.8D3F44B@ozemail.com.au">news:399B93CF.8D3F44B@ozemail.com.au...
> Hubert Lam wrote:
>
> > Do I see 300 new carriages of 4GT or 300 new super-low-floor CNG
Mercedes Benz
> > O405NH buses???
>
> I'm seeing the same thing - 300 new buses, 0 new Millennium carriages.

And the cost of a new bus, as against the cost of a new carriage? The time
taken to build a new bus as against the time taken to build a new carriage?

> > And take a look at the North West Bus Plan on www.sta.nsw.gov.au it's
> > impressive what they're proposing!
>
> That's the other thing - STA is taking over the world, while SRA is
suffering
> all sorts of troubles.

Ummmm, what would you propose that SRA do? Buy out other rail operations> It
really is comparing chalk and cheese to be comparing SRA and STA, they are
not really comparable. I just wish that the STA would buy out Westbus, then
we might get some half decent services out of Penrith.

> Jon Lau

No, Dave