Re: [NSW] CityRail probs today??

Well there were MASSIVE trackworks scheduled for today on CityRail,
including Illawarra Main which precluded the use of Wolli Creek platforms on
those lines as well as both the Local and Suburban lines between Central and
Homebush. Trains operated on the Main lines only and terminated at the
"Country" platforms. I believe that ALL Airport line trains were terminating
at Turrulla today, but I could be wrong. Furthermore they also terminated
the Up Airport trains in platform 21 at Central and used the crossover
between there and the Goulburn Street tunnels.

At about 12.10 one of the Central terminaters apparently failed at that
crossover in that it was unable to reverse. I was waiting on platform 22 for
it to take up the next Turrella service. After some delay, the train
ultimately continued on to the City Inner. I caught the next scheduled
service to International at about 12.35pm.

--
Geoff Lillico

"Anthony Tubbs" <atubbs@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
0n7l5.2100$gP5.22552@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:0n7l5.2100$gP5.22552@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> Hi there
>
> I have just returned from a day trip to SYD on Impulse Airlines
> This morning i had to travel from Burwood to Chatswood, The train i caught
> was 17 mins late at Burwood and then stopped at most SIGNALS to Central
> where it terminated at Plat. 9, I eventually got to Chatswood 1hr & 50mins
> after leaving Burwood, Returning from Chatswood, to the Airport, i changed
> at Central and was told the next airport train would be in 25 mins, when
it
> arrived it was only going as far as Turella, i thought the trains ran thru
> to East Hills or somewhere like that. As the airport line is a premium
fare
> route i would have expected a better frequency of service, and a better
> range of destinations other than Turella or the City Circle without having
> to change trains. Impulse on the other hand was the complete opposite
Cheap,