Re: Freight Schedules

In article <39940159.27DC5EB1@nospam.acslink.net.au>,
  Neil O'Connor <noc@nospam.acslink.net.au> wrote:
> Dumb question.... Are freight train movements scheduled according to a
> predefined timetable like passenger trains are?
Yes, but they are more dependend on demand. Freight trains are subject
to cancellation or simply combine with the follwing service if demand
is not there. The predefine timetable giving the operator a path but
won't necessay means the train will definitely runs. Freight trains
also are quite commonly late or early, upto 4 hours late can be quite
common.

> What I am after is "how
> do I find out when freight trains are running without just hanging
> around and hoping something turns up?". Is freight timetable info
> available from somewhere?
Invest in a scanner would be a good idea, I have a timetable, but i
found out even with the timetable doesn't really means I can catch the
train all the time. Austrac and Freight Corp are the sneaky ones as
they don't normally runs according to the schedule. FA and NRC's trains

--
Cheers

RR3

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/