Central West Rail Preservation Society 50 class

Hi

In one of today's Sundays paper there is a article about the 50 class
being repossessed by Bathurst City Council. According to the article the
council may return it to static condition (I rekon that will be be
case), but the opposing side rekons it is near to being returned to
operating condition. Who's telling the truth?
Why are the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences getting involved with
it? do they any expertise in overhauling steam locos to operational
condition? I would have thought the NSWRTM would have been involved as
they are better set up for steam loco maintainence? (or was the quote
from them to expensive?)
Also, the article said the loco was given a overhaul before going to
Bathurst, so I would assume the loco boiler and mechancial parts would
be in good condition.

Chris