Re: [MELB] Highpoint tram track works

James C. wrote:

> While you are there, check out the unique
> West Maribyrnong terminal with large numbers of switches and
> tracks,looks like a railway station rather then a tram stop

That was from the days when the 57 terminus was a major workers'
destination, with lots of special workers' trams for the munitions
factory there.

Now the whole area is a wasteland. Does anyone (except gunzels) actually
take a tram to or from the 57 terminus now? On my last photo-visit there
two years back, I was the only passenger, and nobody else came or went
on any of the arriving/departing trams while I was walking about taking
photos  -- around 9-10am on a weekday.

That's why I think the 57 terminus should be shifted into Rosamund Road
to Highpoint.

I am sure there is no proposal to extend it to Avondale Heights, so it
may as well go somewhere that might attract passengers.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand