Re: ARHS Bulletin Index

The Bulletin index was an intellectual and publishing disaster, with a
bizarre semiclassified index from which I can rarely find articles which I
know exist (the basic indexing was via the title; AFAIK the history of
North Melbourne loco depot is found under A, because the title was A
history of North Melbourne loco depot!).  It couldn't be found from North
Melbourne or loco depot or even Government Railways Vic).  At least the
downloaded textfile can be searched via a wordprocessor function, as this
is the only way I have found some items.  The printed index was printed in
all capitals too - very space consuming and unreadable.
Unfortunately, the current file is simply the older one on a computer;
there is not yet an index for post 1988.

It seems that this could be transformed into a biblographic database

--
Regards
Roderick B Smith