Re: {Vic} Heritage and Enthusiast State of Australia.

> Funny thing about us southerners, we really know how to run trains! Steam
> Trains! Diesel trains! ElecRail Trains! Enthusiast Trains! and where else
in
> Australia can you buy a ticket to a Provincial Town and turn up to find a
> Main Line Steam Engine on the front...and making a profit too!
> Come on you Welshmen give us our due!
> Victoria doing it right! Last Count 4 Freight Australia trains now running
> in NSW, and at least 4 more to start soon. NSW are ready to drop one of
> their two trains very soon ;op--

To bad a harris set wasent preserved.  Anyway Freight Australia is owed by
RailAmerica, an industrious company which i think now after the purchase of
RailTex is the largest shortline operator in the US.  V/Line
Pass/Bayside/Swanston are owned by NationalExpress, a British comp. Hillside
owned by Connex - French I think.  I have no clue who owns Yarra however I
think transburban might have something to do with it.  Actually is any of
the rail infrastructure in Victoria owned by an Australian company?

Regards

Andrew