Re: 3801 in Melbourne

> > by the way  it's ok to drive into RTS's depot and take photos as
long
> > as you don't do anything danger. I'm looking forward to see Ghan
pass
> > by 3801 on Wednesday night.
>
> Ohh, thanks for that :-)
>
> Scuse mah ignorance, but where is RTS located exactly?  I'm assuming
in
> Dynon somewhere, ... but where?  and how ? :)
>
> Andy B

Get on Dynon Road  from  Spencer Street and when you see the Citylink
entrance right after Noth Melbourne station crossing getting ready to
turn left. Immediately pass Citylink entrance turn left into the small
road right underneath the citylink bridge. Once you are on this road
proceeding a distance, cross the SG railway line to Spencer Street you
will see 3801 stable on the turn table on your right hand side.
I've gou UBD map, it's on page 252 N11, not sure about Melways

PS: ignore all the "Authorization require for entrance sign"

Alternatively you can go via Footscray road and follow the sign
says "RTS".

--
Cheers

James